Spinach-Corn Bread Bites
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, salad dressing and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the spinach, cheddar cheese and onion.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 54 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Dec 12, 2018
I made this cornbread and it is way too crumbly. I believe it needs butter. Not my favorite. Looking for a perfectly moist honey cornbread this is not the one.
Jan 22, 2014
I think the spinach overpowered this little muffin. It was tasty, but I wouldn't rush to make it again.
May 2, 2013
I've made this several times now and it's been a huge hit each time. I always double the recipe (except the spinach) and sometimes I just put it in a 9 x 13 pan instead of muffin cups.
Nov 14, 2010
These were a huge hit at a family get together. Everyone was looking for the recipe