Spinach & Black Bean Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes20 egg rolls
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Salsa and reduced-fat ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place 1/4 cup mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- Place seam side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spray tops of egg rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with salsa and dressing if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Freeze option: Freeze cooled egg rolls in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat rolls on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 147 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Feb 11, 2015
May 5, 2011
These egg rolls were out of this world. I love the fact they are baked, because I can't eat fried egg rolls. The corn & black beans were wonderful combined with all the spiced. You won't be disappointed when making these.
Sep 23, 2010
Have made these twice now. Last time we doubled the recipe and froze them. I love that they are baked (not fried) but still crispy and full of veggies. They're a hit every time!
Apr 1, 2010
Very tasty. My package of egg rolls came with 15 and I used about 1/3 cup filling for each. I think next time I will brush with olive oil or butter to get a more crunchy egg roll wrap. They were a little dry.
Mar 7, 2009
This is a great recipe and very easy. We all loved it...thanks to Melanie for sharing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.