Spinach Chicken Roll
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or just until wilted. Stir in dill. Remove from the heat.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place spinach mixture and feta cheese down the center; fold one side over filling and roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down in the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Discard toothpick.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 19, 2016
Family loved this. I sprinkled feta on top of the rolled chicken and then added salt and pepper. Instead of cooking this on the stove, I cooked in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes and then put under the broiler for a couple of minutes just to brown the feta. Very tasty and a great way to get them to eat spinach.
Nov 30, 2010
Great combination! The feta cheese worked excellent with the spinach. Now if only I could perfect my 'roll ups' to not spill out. Thanks!