Cheesy Breakfast Egg Rolls
When my kids were growing up,it always seemed as if we were grabbing breakfast and running out the door, this recipe is perfect for that but also good to sit and enjoy your morning coffee or on your brunch table. No matter how you have your breakfast these are sure to be a hit! Can use a mild breakfast sausage. The egg and sausage mixture can be made the night before and in the morning you roll, fry and go! —Anne Ormond, Dover, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Maple syrup or salsa, optional
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in cheeses and green onions; set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended. In the same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in sausage mixture.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, place 1/4 cup filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll egg roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- In batches, arrange egg rolls in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes longer. If desired, serve with maple syrup or salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 egg roll: 209 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Roll to go in tasteofhome.com