Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- Wonton strips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble chicken with mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in soy sauce.
- Add coleslaw mix; cook and stir until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Stir in sesame oil. Serve with rice and sweet-and-sour sauce. If desired, top with wonton strips.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups chicken mixture with 3/4 cup rice: 451 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 18, 2018
just made this tonight, I personally thought it needed more flavor. I really love Egg Rolls and even bought the egg roll wraps to make the won tons. It's missing something, but since I'm not a big cooker of Oriental food I really didn't know what to add to increase the flavor. Any suggestions ????
May 11, 2018
We loved it. I used a whole bag of the 16oz coleslaw and did not have fresh ginger but had powdered ginger and used two tablespoons and a teaspoon of the chopped jar styled garlic. Will most certainly make this yummy dish again.
Jan 9, 2018
Very tasty, and easy to make. It also cooks very quickly! I used ground chicken breast, which I found too dry for the recipe, overall. I'm hoping a different kind of ground chicken would make the mix less dry. Overall, a good recipe that I'll be making again!
Dec 31, 2017
Wow!!! This is so good! I did like it better before I added the Sesame oil. Added a pinch of Chinese 5 spice for a bit more flavor. My husband loves egg rolls but we both want to get some weight off, and this helps us not feel so deprived
Nov 23, 2017
This was amazing! I added a little bit of brown sugar and a couple of dashes of hot sauce for a kick of flavor. It was the trifecta of what I look for in a good recipe that I add to a regular rotation: tasty, easy, and healthy.
Oct 20, 2017
My family loved this!!! I have three teenagers so decided to double it - I did not need to. I did not have the sesame oil. A keeper and will make again.