Southwestern Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Hot Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 18 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, Mexicorn, tomatoes and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With one corner of an egg roll facing you, place 1/3 cup filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Nutrition Facts1 egg roll (calculated without sour cream and guacamole): 333 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 1, 2015
First time making any type of egg roll and these were easy and delicious! My entire family loved them.
Dec 3, 2012
I loved these. As another reviewer said, they taste just like the ones served at restaurants, maybe better.
Nov 21, 2010
These are amazing! So easy to make also. They tasted exactly like the ones you get as appetizers at a chain restaurant. I am going to try making them as appetizers by using wonton wraps. Cook, freeze and then bake to reheat and serve.
Sep 19, 2009
I've made these with my mother in law a year ago. they were simple and fun. I've the craving again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.