Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
One of my favorite slow cooker recipes is this impressive buffalo chicken egg rolls appetizer. You can wrap the filling in egg roll wraps and bake, or, for a bite-size version, use smaller won ton wraps. —Tara Odegaard, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine chicken, dressing mix and wing sauce. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Shred chicken with two forks; stir in butter.
- With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, place 3 tablespoons chicken mixture just below center of wrapper; top with 1 teaspoon each feta and mozzarella cheeses. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling; roll up tightly, pressing at the tip to seal. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets, seam side down. Repeat.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Health Tip: Lighten up this buffalo chicken recipe by serving it in Bibb lettuce cups instead of egg roll wrappers.
Nutrition Facts1 egg roll: 174 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken & Feta Rolls in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.