Effortless Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 egg rolls
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2-1/2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and vegetables over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in teriyaki sauce.
- Place 3 tablespoons of sausage mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 244 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 21, 2018
Quick egg roll. I have some broccoli haters so it was hard for me to find a stir-fry blend without broccoli, which made this a little less effortless for me. I used turkey sausage in place of the pork sausage.
Jan 29, 2017
We have been making our own from scratch for 30 plus years. We wont stop but this is a very good recipe for rolls in a hurry! Baking sounds interesting, may have to try it. For a really good sweet & sour sauce, mix a jar of apricot preserves with a little cider vinegar. Just add a Tbs at a time till you get the level of tartness you like!
Jan 27, 2017
I too would prefer to bake in stead of frying ... I sub shrimp for the pork, great.
Apr 15, 2016
This was a great idea. I made eggrolls once from scratch and swore I would never make them again. This was so easy and they were just as good.
Jan 17, 2016
Yum. This is a keeper
Nov 14, 2015
pajamaangel..Please help.....I'd rather bake them than fry,,,,but at what temp and how long ?
Apr 15, 2015
Very fast, very tastey. Made in the morning cooked in the afternoon. Be sure the filling has cooled and cover until ready to fry. Had the authentic Chinese flavor I was looking for.
Jan 30, 2015
loved this recipe abut the first batch burned - ended up cutting my own cabbage and shredded carrots family loved both
Jan 27, 2015
I'm not really a fan of pork sausage but these tasted good. I baked the egg rolls instead of frying them just because I had too many other things going on the stovetop. Still turned out crispy and less fat, too!
Dec 5, 2014
It was very easy to follow and my kids loved making these.