Cheesy Egg Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: Sour cream and additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk together first 3 ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread with beans; top with eggs, salsa, cheese and remaining tortillas. Melt remaining butter; brush over tops.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa.
Test Kitchen tips
Health Tip: Butter adds richness to these quesadillas, but it’s not essential. Cook the eggs in a few spritzes of cooking spray and don’t butter the tortillas. You’ll decrease the fat by about one-third.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla: 738 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 344mg cholesterol, 1248mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 8, 2018
The only modifications I made to this recipe was that I added onions and green peppers to the egg mixture. I know that salsa have these two ingredients in them, but we like onions/peppers cooked in with the eggs. I also added sliced avocado. Yummy. I cooked these on my panini press. Easy.