Cheesy Egg Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk together first three ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Place two tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread with beans; top with eggs, salsa, cheese and remaining tortillas. Melt remaining butter; brush over tops.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa.
Test Kitchen tips
Health Tip: Butter adds richness to these quesadillas, but it’s not essential. Cook the eggs in a few spritzes of cooking spray and don’t butter the tortillas. You’ll decrease the fat by about one-third.
Nutrition Facts1 quesadilla: 738 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 344mg cholesterol, 1248mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 8, 2018
The only modifications I made to this recipe was that I added onions and green peppers to the egg mixture. I know that salsa have these two ingredients in them, but we like onions/peppers cooked in with the eggs. I also added sliced avocado. Yummy. I cooked these on my panini press. Easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.