Cheesy Egg Puffs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and cheeses. Melt remaining butter; add to egg mixture. Stir into dry ingredients along with mushroom mixture.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully run the knife around edge of muffin cups before removing.
Nutrition Facts2 egg puffs: 275 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Jul 15, 2019
These taste better revived from out of the freezer vs freshly made. I like to decrease butter chunk by 1 Tbsp and bake at 325 degrees in lightly sprayed silicone muffin cups. I utilize for protein on-the-go.
May 11, 2019
Easy to make and delicious!
Apr 17, 2018
These were very good! I added crumbled sausage and black olives, in addition to the mushrooms and green onions. They were a bit greasy... I might cut back a little on the sausage, cheese and butter next time. I upgraded my review.... took these camping and we ate them for days... they were great microwaved.
Feb 7, 2018
Feb 7, 2017
What a great recipe! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed these puffs with our brunch and I will definitely be making them again!
Jan 24, 2017
i have made this several times and it is a keep and must make again recipe. they are great for breakfast and snacks too. i did vary the type of cheese and any flavor works well.
Mar 21, 2016
As I was making this, I thought, "Why am I making this? It's probably not very good." So glad I was wrong! I got 24 muffins, not 15. A bonus!
Aug 11, 2015
These were good. I added cooked pork sausage, bell peppers and spinach to mine along with the recommended ingredients listed. I didn't have any green onions so I substituted one yellow onion. I also didn't have any Colby cheese so I used shredded taco blend cheeses to mine. I love the fact that you can pretty much used anything in this recipe that your family likes or what you have on hand and it still turns our wonderful. These would also be good with diced tomatoes or salsa added on top just before serving and maybe even a teaspoon of sour cream. This is certainly a keeper and will go in my favorite recipes file.
Jan 11, 2015
I really liked these hot out of the oven, but not so much reheated. I love recipes I can make ahead, so I'll try this again and see how they are.
Aug 13, 2014
Delicious Recipe!! I made these in mini muffin size, and in a brownie pan, with DOUBLE the mushrooms and some garlic, and everyone RAVED.:0) My husband asked if he could take some extra in to work to share with some coworkers, and he never does that! This is a keeper, and like others said - this recipe is flexible. (But it's GREAT as is!)