Soft Sugar Cookie Puffs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Assorted colored sugars, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and beat well. Beat in the sugar, butter and almond extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugars, pressing sugar into dough if needed.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 104 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 11, 2019
Don't bother with this recipe. The dough was so sticky that I couldn't get it out of the bowl, off the scraper, or off my hands. It even stuck to the Silpat. I had to add a ton of flour to roll it out. 2nd batch I tried dropping with a cookie scoop... so sticky that it "sprung" the scoop. I threw the rest of the batter away. The cookies baked OK, but were very dry. The flavor improved with sitting overnight. But they were absolutely NOT worth the trouble and sticky mess!
Feb 10, 2019
I THOUGHT I TRY THESE COOKIES Instead of mine for a change, Well I can say these are the worst cookies I have ever baked. They are like dog bone no favor texture is horrible. I don't know How Taste of Home ever let this recipe on there Subscription, It was waste of my time and I threw them in the garbage..
Dec 7, 2016
These cookies are HORRIBLE. The texture is terrible and there is no taste to them at all. Mine did not "Puff" up and I had bought a brand new can of baking powder to do my Christmas baking, so that was not the problem. I am furious that I spent the money and all the time it takes to prepare cut out cookies on this recipe. Several people have tried them and they all give them a thumbs down. I hate to do it, but these are going in the garbage. My advice to all....DO NOT EVEN TRY THESE.
Mar 1, 2015
These cookies are delicious! My children and I bought cookie cutters to bake for Christmas and just happened to come across this recipe! Family, friends, everyone...raved about the thickness and the fluffiness. The whipping cream does it! We just bought our Easter cookie cutters and again, will be using this recipe. Cannot wait to hear all the "oooo's" and "ahhhhhh's" again. Well done!
Nov 11, 2011
Did not care for these at all. They have a cornbread texture to them. Would not recommend to anyone.
Mar 27, 2011
These are fantastic cookies!!! They are very light and fluffy.