Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and cayenne to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in Gruyere and mustard.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 68 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 29, 2013
not a lot of flavor
Oct 8, 2013
Loved these! Made them for a tailgate party. They were gone in no time.
Mar 25, 2011
I made these and I used grated cheddar and you can substitute with any cheese really (my sister in law used some blue cheese) They were a hit many asking "What are these?" in between bites and then helping themselves to more. They couldn't believe they were so simple to make!!
Apr 22, 2010
Love these. Perfect for a potluck appetizer.
Dec 30, 2009
These were so bland! No one touched them.
Dec 12, 2009
I just love these.I make them when ever I have a party.
Apr 29, 2009
can these be made ahead of time?
Jan 12, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.