- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, stir together first 7 ingredients. In a deep-fat fryer or skillet, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into skillet. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
1 fritter: 102 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.