Potato Chip Bites
A friend at church gave me the recipe for these buttery, light and crisp cookies. It's never failed to bring me compliments.—Brenda Stone, Sterrett, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/3 cups crushed potato chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Additional crushed potato chips, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and crushed chips; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 10-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, melt chocolate chips; dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed potato chips.
Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.