Chicken Chili Wonton Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Press wonton wrappers into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix salad dressing and seasoning mix; add chicken and toss to coat. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each wonton cup. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through and wrappers are golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with sour cream and green onions before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer (calculated without sour cream): 67 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 29, 2019
A really good idea to start with. BUT I would Tweak this recipe quite a bit. 1) Use MORE shredded CHICKEN. Probably more like 2 1/2 ish cups....How much would depend on how finely you shred the chicken 2) I would mix about 1 ish Tablespoon salsa into the ranch dressing .. 3) I like to sprinkle just a little extra FINELY shredded cheddar into each wonton cup as soon as it comes out of the oven .Then fill and bake as directed Tip, If you do not have wonton wrappers just use Scoops Tortilla chips...(The multi grain version are crispier) . Place chips on a baking sheet. Bake appx 2 min Fill and warm in oven just till hot and cheese is melted Or another variation might be to easier mix the chicken ,ranch
Jul 16, 2017
One envelope of chili mix is to much for 1 1/2 cups of chicken. Most of the mixes require a 1lb of meat. Good idea though.
Apr 1, 2015
I've used this recipe a few times for quick appetizer for kids/teens. I did not have chili seasoning so I used taco seasoning. Well received!
Jan 3, 2015
This were good and tasty. Mixture was simple. I only was able to fill about 24 of the 36 wontons. I think I could have used more chicken, possibly 1/2 to 1 cup more, leaving the sauce mixture the same.