Crispy Chicken Wontons
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounce) wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Plum or sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrots and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and oil; brush over wontons. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with plum or sweet-sour sauce.
Editor's NoteFill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 157 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 5, 2019
Instead of baking can I boil this in chicken. Soup
Oct 16, 2017
Not the best... texture of the wrapper being baked instead of fried, is not very good ,. Also thought it was tasteless ! Needs lots of sauce ! Would not make this again
Jun 29, 2014
One of my son's favorite recipes! I usually use a little bit of cabbage and onions instead of the water chestnuts.
Mar 5, 2012
This was one of the dishes I served to my party of eight, recipe wasn't modify, nobody liked it including my self and I wouldn't make it again.
Nov 1, 2011
Delish...I wouldn't change a thing...except maybe double the recipe!!