Chicken Wonton Cups
My family loves jalapeno poppers and jalapeno popper dip; but I made it rarely because of the high fat and calorie content. My wonton poppers allows us to enjoy one of our favorite appetizers without the guilt These little "poppers" are a great way to enjoy the taste of jalapeno poppers without all the fat and calories. -I used light mayonnaise and cream cheese to reduce fat. -Chicken for protein. & Wonton wrappers sprayed with a non stick cooking spray instead of deep frying.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Spritz wrappers with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, chilies and jalapeno. Spoon chicken mixture into cups. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until filling is heated through. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 62 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Jalapeno Chicken Wonton Poppers in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012