Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
“I serve this salad in lettuce leaves or in pita pockets to friends who enjoy something a bit out of the ordinary. This is fast, easy, a bit exotic and, best of all, delicious.” If you like peanut butter, this is the chicken salad for you! Mary Bergfeld - Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 4 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumbers, pepper, onions and carrot. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve on lettuce leaves. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 237 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1253mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009
Dec 20, 2011
So light and tasty! Great recipe!
Oct 21, 2011
You can't believe all the flavors that meld together! My husband loved it. I have handed this recipe out many times. Thanks!!!
May 25, 2011
Supper quick and super taste.