Chicken Lettuce Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makesserves 6 to 8
- 1 packet stir-fry seasoning powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (inner leaves only), or 2 heads of butter lettuce and /or radicchio
- For garnish: Mint, cilantro, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine stir-fry seasoning, water, soy sauce, lime
- juice and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken meat and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook until browned, about 10
- minutes. Add red bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions and red
- pepper flakes and cook 5 minutes. Stir in reserved stir-fry seasoning mixture. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce cups garnished with mint, cilantro, bean sprouts and chopped peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2017
My husband really liked this. I thought it needed a tad more flavor. It didn't say whether or not to drain the chicken so I wound up just draining out half the grease. I think I probably could have drained a bit more. The only thing I put on top of ours was matchstick carrots. Next time I'll get some peanuts or cashews to put on top. I made frozen egg rolls to go with this. I'd definitely make this again. My husband said "This is a keeper!"
Apr 5, 2016
delicious! I chop up chicken into small pieces then stir fry. Butter lettuce is the better choice if you want to make wraps, but I usually just tear lettuce and top with the chicken mixture to make more of a salad.
Nov 15, 2011
These were a big hit with the family. They weren't expecting much out of ground chicken. I only garnished with cilantro as that was all that I had on hand. Already have requests to make again.
Sep 7, 2011
Great recipe! Only substitution i made was: I did not add mint (did not have any) and I made my own stir-fry seasoning powder using garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger (u can also add a little cornstarch to it but i did not). Even the hubby approved.
Feb 1, 2010
This was sooooo delicious! Thanks for sharing it. I love to add veggies to recipes (even this wonderful healthy one) I added 3 finely chopped celery and 3 carrots, grated, to the veggies. Your recipe is awesome!
Oct 26, 2009
This recipe was so easy to make and the chicken was so flavorful. They're a little messy, but aren't all lettuce wraps?
Sep 28, 2009
It is a quick recipe but the flavor is not what I expected. Romaine even inner leaves not the correct lettuce. Okay but not right.