I love lasagna and garlic bread, so it only made sense to put them together in these fun little cups. Have one as an appetizer or two for a meal! —Angelique Douglas, Maryville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes16 lasagna cups
- 3 individual lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup meatless pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with water; cut each noodle into six squares.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in sauce, cottage cheese and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles. Press each triangle onto bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup. Layer each with 1 tablespoon cheese, one noodle piece and 1 rounded tablespoon meat sauce (discard extra noodle pieces). Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan. Top with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts2 lasagna cups: 412 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Lasagna Cups in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips