Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
Lettuce wraps make light, lively appetizers. These are easy to make because the slow cooker does most of the work. Just load it up and let things get cooking. When the chicken is cooked, just shred and serve. —Robin Haas, West Roxbury, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups torn basil leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Shredded carrots and thinly sliced radishes
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, about 2-1/2 hours. Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker. Stir in 1-1/2 cups basil and hoisin sauce; heat through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves with rice, green onions, carrots, radishes and remaining basil. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 lettuce cup: 93 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Thai Chicken Chili Wraps in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019