Chicken Tostada Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, reduced-fat sour cream, sliced ripe olives, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, sliced radishes, diced avocado and additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press warm tortillas into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, pleating sides as needed. Spritz tortillas with additional cooking spray.
- Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Toss chicken with salsa. Layer each cup with beans, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 9-11 minutes. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 tostada cups: 338 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
May 15, 2018
While these tasted good, I found the cups to be heavy, probably due to the refried beans on the bottom of the cups. I didn't use all the beans for 12 cups. Probably 1/2 can of beans or less would be plenty.
Sep 11, 2017
Great flavor and super easy to put together on a weeknight. To make this even easier instead of baking them in the muffin cups I just bought tostada shells and spread the mixture on there and bake as directed. Turns out perfect each time!
Sep 3, 2017
So easy and so tasty! I brought out radishes, avocado, cilantro, and salsa as our toppings, but my youngest children also loved them plain.
Aug 28, 2017
We absolutely loved these! I mixed everything in the skillet to warm except the cheese. No need to layer at all. Great flavor!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.