Chicken Tostada Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, reduced-fat sour cream, sliced ripe olives, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, sliced radishes, diced avocado and additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press warm tortillas into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, pleating sides as needed. Spritz tortillas with additional cooking spray.
- Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Toss chicken with salsa. Layer each cup with beans, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 9-11 minutes. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts2 tostada cups: 338 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2018
While these tasted good, I found the cups to be heavy, probably due to the refried beans on the bottom of the cups. I didn't use all the beans for 12 cups. Probably 1/2 can of beans or less would be plenty.
Sep 11, 2017
Great flavor and super easy to put together on a weeknight. To make this even easier instead of baking them in the muffin cups I just bought tostada shells and spread the mixture on there and bake as directed. Turns out perfect each time!
Sep 3, 2017
So easy and so tasty! I brought out radishes, avocado, cilantro, and salsa as our toppings, but my youngest children also loved them plain.
Aug 28, 2017
We absolutely loved these! I mixed everything in the skillet to warm except the cheese. No need to layer at all. Great flavor!