Sausage Wonton Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled filled wonton cups in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat wonton cups in coated muffin pans in a preheated 350° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 68 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 19, 2017
Great flavor. We love wonton cups and this version is a keeper.
Dec 20, 2011
Everyone loved these! They were gone almost as fast as I put them out! Very easy to make.
Dec 23, 2009
Easy quick recipe. I added a little bit of pepper. Would definitely make this recipe again.
Dec 22, 2008
Add sliced black olives on top
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.