Sausage Wonton Stars
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Lightly press wonton wrappers onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° until edges are browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each wonton cup. Bake until heated through, 6-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 215 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 31, 2018
I made these over the holidays and they are excellent.
Apr 7, 2017
This has been a long time favorite recipe at our house. I leave out the green pepper as my husband does not like them and occasionally change up the cheese with what I have on hand but no matter how you make these you will love them!
May 3, 2016
I have made these many times just as written. They are absolutely wonderful. I made these for ladies golf today and they were a huge hit. Everyone was fighting to take any left home. I had to make them the day before and they were still wonderful. Better the same day but still great!
Mar 26, 2016
Great appetizer and loved by all !
Jan 3, 2016
Excellent recipe! I have used mini tart shells in lieu of wontons and it has worked great!
Dec 29, 2015
I love these, I do cut the wonton wrappers into rounds with a 2 3/4-3" biscuit cutter and call them Sausage Wonton "Moons".....maybe not as pretty, however leaving the wontons in stars, those little points are quite sharp.
Nov 21, 2015
I love making these for my Christmas Party as the Red & Green Peppers add to the Christmas look. They are so easy and tasty.
Jan 21, 2015
This recipe is delicious! It is so easy and quick to make and everyone loves them!! They also warm nicely so that you can make ahead and reheat to serve.
Dec 31, 2014
This is very close to the recipe I use. I spray the wonton wrappers with Pam before putting them in the oven the first time, instead of green onions I use a can of diced black olives, and I use more cheese and ranch dressing. I will have to give them a shot with green onions next time... if my wife allows it (once I make something she goes nuts over I am not allowed to tinker with it at all). :D
Nov 14, 2014
This are so good and so fun to make and serve. I followed the recipe and they turned out great!!