Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 24 slices Genoa salami (3-1/2 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts
- 1 jar (8 ounces) marinated whole mushrooms
- 1 jar (8 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press half of the salami into 12 muffin cups. Loosely crumple aluminum foil to form twelve 2-in. balls; place in cups to keep salami from sliding. Bake until edges begin to brown, 6-8 minutes. Using tongs, remove from pans and invert onto paper towels to drain. Wipe muffin cups clean. Repeat with remaining salami, reusing foil balls.
- Meanwhile, drain and coarsely chop artichoke hearts, mushrooms and red peppers; transfer to a small bowl. Stir in cheese. In another bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, fill salami cups with vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 87 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2015
Very tasty! Substituted hot pepper rings for the roasted red peppers & marinated filling with Italian salad dressing instead of making my own.
Nov 7, 2014
These cups are so simple! They taste so good it's hard to stop at just a few.