Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Or, freeze and bake frozen at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 278 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 15, 2017
Made these for a recent snack food potluck and they were very good! This is the first time I have ever added eggs to my sausage balls but I think it did make them a little moister. Be careful to watch them because I think the bottoms browned a little faster than the ones without eggs. I will make these again!
Dec 1, 2012
I made these ahead and froze them individually on a cookie sheet then placed in ziploc bags to bake later. These were the best sausage balls I've ever had. Not too dry, not too cakey, just right. I baked them from frozen state (Thanksgiving morning to take on a car trip to Savannah) and they were enjoyed throughout the trip! Glad I found the recipe again because I couldn't remember where I found it.
Feb 1, 2010
I have used this recipe since I was a little girl in the 70s. My girls now enjoy the treat, especially when they are made fresh.
Dec 6, 2008
These sausage balls are great!They were a hit with my husband and he is a picky eater.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.