Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Or, freeze and bake frozen at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 278 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2017
Made these for a recent snack food potluck and they were very good! This is the first time I have ever added eggs to my sausage balls but I think it did make them a little moister. Be careful to watch them because I think the bottoms browned a little faster than the ones without eggs. I will make these again!
Dec 1, 2012
I made these ahead and froze them individually on a cookie sheet then placed in ziploc bags to bake later. These were the best sausage balls I've ever had. Not too dry, not too cakey, just right. I baked them from frozen state (Thanksgiving morning to take on a car trip to Savannah) and they were enjoyed throughout the trip! Glad I found the recipe again because I couldn't remember where I found it.
Feb 1, 2010
I have used this recipe since I was a little girl in the 70s. My girls now enjoy the treat, especially when they are made fresh.
Dec 6, 2008
These sausage balls are great!They were a hit with my husband and he is a picky eater.