Sloppy Joe Biscuit Cups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 biscuit cups
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky biscuits (10 count)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef and vegetables over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten to 5-in. circles. Press onto bottoms and up sides of greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts2 biscuit cups : 463 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2018
Love this recipe, but had not made it for a while, however, I will be real soon. I tweak it just a little bit by using whole wheat pizza dough (Trader Joe's) everything else is the same this is a tastey recipe and easy to put together.
May 13, 2017
These are tasty plus easy and quick to prepare. I didn't have celery so I left it out. I recommend barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.
Feb 9, 2017
A 12 yr old boy won a Pillsbury bake-off contest many, many yrs ago with a recipe like this. Didn't have celery. Used barbeque sauce & was called bar-b-cups. They are quick & tasty-
Jul 18, 2016
We really liked these. One thing that helped in preparation: I rolled each biscuit out between the halves of a folded piece of waxed paper. (Those dang biscuits really want to return to their original size and shape!). I was out of cheddar cheese, but mozzarella was quite tasty.
Jul 18, 2016
My family loved these!! Very tasty and what a great way to use a little hamburger up!
Jun 16, 2016
These were very tasty, made without the green pepper..(allergies).