Parisian Chicken Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and fennel in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add green onion and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the apple, pecans, parsley and lime juice. Stir in chicken mixture; spoon into endive leaves.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit and vinegar. Drizzle over appetizers.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 18, 2017
A fun appetizer or fancy "mini meal" for when you want something just a little different! My only change to this recipe was for step 3: I melted the chocolate and spread together and drizzled, and then separately drizzled balsamic glaze (instead of just regular balsamic vinegar - since it's thicker and "sticks" better). I liked having the two flavors be just a little separated. Overall, delicious!