Parisian Chicken Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and fennel in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add green onion and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the apple, pecans, parsley and lime juice. Stir in chicken mixture; spoon into endive leaves.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in spreadable fruit and vinegar. Drizzle over appetizers.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2017
A fun appetizer or fancy "mini meal" for when you want something just a little different! My only change to this recipe was for step 3: I melted the chocolate and spread together and drizzled, and then separately drizzled balsamic glaze (instead of just regular balsamic vinegar - since it's thicker and "sticks" better). I liked having the two flavors be just a little separated. Overall, delicious!