Marinated Mozzarella Cubes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bread or crackers
- In a quart jar with a tight-fitting lid, layer a third of the cheese, peppers, thyme and garlic. Repeat layers twice.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, rosemary, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Pour into jar; seal and turn upside down. Refrigerate overnight, turning several times. Serve with bread or crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 121 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 7, 2017
I made this for my knitting group, and everyone loved it!!! I can't believe I was out of red pepper flakes, so I subbed plenty of cracked black pepper, and that worked fine. I served it with crackers, but I think a crust baguette might be better to soak up the olive oil. Definitely a keeper!!!
Dec 21, 2014
I made this for a party, didn't really go over well. It seems to be missing something.
Jan 5, 2014
Great recipe, looks beautiful in a tupperware, which wasn't quite big enough. Was delicious. Even is good melted over toast.
Jan 24, 2012
I made it with Gouda cheese .. and dried tomatoes in olive oil cause I didnt have roasted red peppers.. mmmh I recommend this recipe mmmh!!!
Nov 25, 2011
Great recipe! Easy to prepare and very pretty in a nice serving bowl. A couple of test tasters thought it might benefit from a splash of apple cider vinegar. I agree that something was missing, but not sure if that was it. Thanks for the great recipe!
Apr 3, 2011
I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas using soft fresh mozzarella and fresh peppers and herbs from my garden. It is a family favorite.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.