Marinated Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 small bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake until sugar is dissolved. Pour over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2013
Very easy to make and a big hit. My teen-age children ate it! I added green peppers, cucumbers and carrots, as well and they blended in very nicely. I did not marinade overnight, just about 4-6 hours durring the day and it was great. Thanks. I look forward to this summer when the garden vegetables come in.
Feb 10, 2012
A good quick veggie salad to assemble.