Overnight Marinated Vegetable Salad
One of my all-time favorite side dishes, this marinated medley is well-received whenever I serve it - which is often. It's wonderful with turkey, but also pleasant with just about any main dish you can think of. -Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups each fresh broccoli florets, sliced fresh carrots and yellow summer squash
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Overnight Vegetable Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.