Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots, onion and green pepper. In another bowl, combine the tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over carrot mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2016
I made this using sliced carrots, and tomato soup in place of the tomato sauce (that was all I had on hand and no car to run to the market.) Came out great and is a side dish we have often - everyone loves it!!
Aug 16, 2011
MADE THIS FOR A POT LUCK AND EVERYONE LOVED IT. IT IS EASY TO MAKE BUT TASTES LIKE YOU SLAVED OVER IT. WILL BE MAKING IT MANY TIMES IN THE FUTURE