Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first five ingredients in a large serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 36 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Aug 18, 2013
Very light. Family loved it.
Jul 24, 2012
I have made this recipe twice now for family gatherings, and I have gotten nothing but raves about it. It is one of the best coleslaws I've tasted.
Jun 25, 2010
forgot to add - i doubled the liquid mixture and used a 16 oz bag of regular coleslaw not angel hair
Jun 25, 2010
absolutely LOVE this recipe! my new favorite way to have coleslaw - creamy tends to be too heavy - we are all vinegar lovers so this was PERFECT! and the jalapeno - what a nice kick! i make this weekly now! my kids love it too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.