This sweet chutney is as tasty on pork, beef and poultry as it is on grilled hot dogs and hamburgers. We like it on sandwiches instead of high-fat mayonnaise. -Lisa Louw of Alachua, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thickened. Cool.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled.