Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded serrano pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons onion, peppers, garlic and salt; mash together with a fork. Stir in avocados; fold in tomatoes and remaining cilantro and onion. Serve immediately with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 76 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2014
Made this for our Superbowl party and everyone liked the chunkiness and the heat from the peppers. Mashing those ingredients in the lava stone makes a big difference in how the flavor is infused throughout the dip. Excellent recipe- would make again!