Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded serrano pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons onion, peppers, garlic and salt; mash together with a fork. Stir in avocados; fold in tomatoes and remaining cilantro and onion. Serve immediately with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 76 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat.
Feb 4, 2014
Made this for our Superbowl party and everyone liked the chunkiness and the heat from the peppers. Mashing those ingredients in the lava stone makes a big difference in how the flavor is infused throughout the dip. Excellent recipe- would make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.