I needed a change from the standard guacamole recipe, so I added mango for more sweetness. It really complements the heat from the chili pepper, and it looks beautiful, too! —Adam Landau, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tortilla or pita chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocados. Stir in the mango, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 63 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Mango Guacamole in Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.