- 1 package (8 ounces) plus 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) pita bread (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, chilies, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder until smooth. Stir in chicken and 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Split each pita into two circles. Spread 1/4 cup of chicken mixture on each circle; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes. Combine the cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack; sprinkle over circles. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 339 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
- Oct 11, 2018
delicious - i used cheddar cheese because i had it on hand and did omit the jalapeno, afraid it would be too hot - it was so good and did use tortilla chips - plus the pitas and it was awesome - none left