Three-Cheese Potato Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-2/3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-2/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, milk, butter and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 30 seconds; fluff with a fork.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 397 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 3, 2010
Very good recipe. I made this with the fish and green beans in the same menu. Only change I made was using cut up American singles instead of Velveeta. This recipe could be improved by using real potatoes, but it's very quick and easy as is.