Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound each Emmenthaler, Gruyere and Jarlsberg cheeses, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 teaspoons cherry brandy
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cubed French bread baguette, boiled red potatoes and/or tiny whole pickles
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. In a small bowl, combine remaining cornstarch and brandy; set aside. In a large saucepan, heat wine over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add a handful of cheese mixture. Stir constantly, using a figure-eight motion, until cheese is almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, one handful at a time, allowing cheese to almost completely melt between additions.
- Stir brandy mixture; gradually stir into cheese mixture. Add spices; cook and stir until mixture is thickened and smooth.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes, potatoes and/or pickles.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 191 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 4, 2018
I had this in a box one year I bought it at the grocery store they smelt it and they walked away, trashed it
Dec 23, 2017
The cheese just rolled up in a ball and never melted through the wine. I had to trash the whole thing.
Jan 25, 2016
Kirschwasser is more traditional than other types of cherry brandy. There is a big difference. Kirsch is not sweet so it can be used for fondue and cherries jubilee among other foods savory or sweet. : )
Mar 9, 2013
This is a very nice fondue. I used it with a wide variety of assorted seafood, ham, salami, turkey, petite pickles, black bread, sour dough, baguette, cauliflower, carrots, fingerling potatoes. I really enjoyed trying new things with this recipe. Thank you.