Cider Cheese Fondue
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cubed French bread and sliced apples and green peppers
- In a large saucepan, bring cider to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Toss the cheeses with cornstarch and pepper; stir into cider. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot or 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; keep warm. Serve with bread cubes and sliced apples and green peppers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 9, 2012
This was really good. I also added quite a bit of extra cider as it was way too thick.
Dec 29, 2010
It was good but we did end up adding more liquid because it just got way too thick.
Dec 29, 2007
For the amount of liquid in the recipe, the 1 tablespoon of cornstarch seems like a lot....Also, with fondue, sometimes if it is too hot it will ball up and get thick.
Dec 29, 2007
I tried this for Christmas and the taste was great, but, it was so thick that it was very inconveniet to serve. When we stuck the bread cubes and apple slices in the cheese would not stick to the food. We ended up having to use forks and knifes after putting some on our plates. Does anyone know what went wrong???
Dec 9, 2007
This looks great... I'm going to try it for the Holidays