Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pound cake and assorted fresh fruit, cut into pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Cool to 220°; stir in remaining cream. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with pound cake and fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 162 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2013
I can't even make this wrong! I love it and use it all the time. Great for apples and bananas!
Dec 25, 2011
Excellent! Wanted to eat it with a spoon!
Dec 22, 2010
wonderful fondue it is on our list for every year we make it!