My brothers can't get enough of this caramel dip. We gather around the table, dipping pieces of pound cake and fruit until the fondue pot is clean! —Leora Miller, Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pound cake and assorted fresh fruit, cut into pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Cool to 220°; stir in remaining cream. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with pound cake and fruit.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 162 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 23, 2013
I can't even make this wrong! I love it and use it all the time. Great for apples and bananas!
Dec 25, 2011
Excellent! Wanted to eat it with a spoon!
Dec 22, 2010
wonderful fondue it is on our list for every year we make it!