Caramel Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine water and brown sugar; pour over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over bread. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 277 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 28, 2016
This is WAY too sweet and I used 1/4 cup less white sugar... should have cut it out of the recipe altogether.
May 23, 2015
My 16 year old made this exactly as written --- it is DELICIOUS! In fact, the family agreed it was the best bread pudding we ever tasted. We served it warm and highly recommend topping with some fresh whipped cream!
Nov 18, 2013
I made this exactly as stated & it was fantastic and quite easy. Everyone loved it....will definitely make again.
Oct 15, 2011
Great bread pudding. This recipe is easy to modify to suit almost anyone's taste. Tonight I added chopped apples and raisins. It was delicious! My hubby said we need to have this again tomorrow night with ice cream on top.
Apr 12, 2009
this is a yummy recipe and so easy to prepare. my husband loved it!! fatfury