Chocolate Dessert Fondue
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Strawberries, banana chunks, apple slices or angel food cake cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and corn syrup to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa, cream and half of the syrup mixture until smooth; return to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped chocolate until melted. Serve warm with fruit or cake for dipping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 138 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2010
This is a great recipe very easy too. Makes a LOT of choc. We put some walnuts and a tablespoon of spiced rum. Turned out GREAT!
Dec 7, 2008
could 1/2 and 1/2 dairy creamer be used instead of heavy whipping cream?