Chocolate Pecan Fondue
When our kids have friends sleep over, I like to surprise them with this chocolate treat. Our favorite dippers include fruit, marshmallows, cookies and pound cake.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit and shortbread cookies
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, combine cream and honey; heat until warm. Add chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker and keep warm. Serve with fruit and cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 178 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Pecan Fondue in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.