Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 3/4 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, divided
- Combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- Beat first seven filling ingredients until blended. Stir in 1 cup pecans and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour filling into crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans and chocolate chips. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is puffed, 50-60 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 676 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2018
This pie is what it says it is - it has bourbon and chocolate flavors. It's a twist on the classic pecan pie! Why are so many reviewing it saying they don't like the bourbon flavor - just make a regular pecan pie then! This is a grown-up flavor and it is awesome. And so easy to throw together. Make this pie if you are looking to make an easy dessert for the holiday table and warn the faint hearted that there's a tiny quarter cup of bourbon in the pie.
Nov 24, 2017
Oh my, this is a good pie. This is going to be my new company's coming pie. Spoiler alert: it tastes like bourbon!! So if you don't care for that flavor, or things like rum cake, don't make this...I loved it. It's rich and silky. I toasted my pecans first, too.
Dec 29, 2015
Disappointed. No one liked it and ended up throwing it out. Too much chocolate.
Aug 4, 2015
This was a typical chocolate pecan pie -- always delicious! I did not care for the taste of bourbon however.
Mar 15, 2015
This pie was good--made three this weekend. However, I don't like to the taste of the bourbon, so when I made the pie again, I substituted a little white corn syrup, a tsp. of vanilla, and water for the liquor. I also prefer not so much dark sugar/syrup, so I used light brown sugar. This is a keeper!
Dec 2, 2014
Family enjoyed it
Nov 25, 2014
Nov 16, 2014
Decadent and Delicious!
Nov 11, 2014
I can't wait to make this. This Thanksgiving is a perfect time :) What can be used in place of the bourbon?
Nov 4, 2014
Sinfully rich and delicious. Got rave reviews from everyone.