Bourbon-Kissed Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and bourbon until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, 1 cup coconut and pecans. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and coconut is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 608 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 29, 2018
Great pie, but way too sweet for our taste. I will try to cut back to only one cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips next time.
Nov 29, 2014
We love this and many of kids request it for their birthday dessert, thus we have renamed it, "Birthday Pie". I use half butterscotch chips and half chocolate chips and also stir in 1/4 cup heath bar crunches. I drizzle hot caramel sauce over the top before serving alongside a dollop of ice cream.
Apr 24, 2014
It was considered a success at book club! I set the timer for 45 minutes, but it should have come out at 40 minutes - probably just my oven though. I agree with Brenda, the name is misleading; there is a lot of chocolate compared to pecans. Overall, still a great recipe!
Dec 22, 2013
This is a delicious pie and I liked the combination of flavors, but I think the name is a bit misleading as it's more of a chocolate pie than a pecan pie. Next time, I'd double the pecans and cut the chocolate chips in half.
Dec 9, 2013
Delicious! This is similar to a chocolate pecan pie that I have been making for years. I like the addition of coconut in this recipe. When I make this again, I will not sprinkle the top with coconut right before baking, because it gets too brown and burns. Maybe sprinkle it on the last 10 minutes, or not at all.
Dec 1, 2013
This pie recipe was wonderful!!! Everyone loved it!!! Put it this way..there were no leftovers!!! The only change I made was leaving out the bourbon..
Nov 24, 2013
Excellent! I brought this over to my sister Joyce's house for Sunday Dinner Dessert. They requested it after seeing it in the magazine the week before. Everyone loved it and said it was a keeper! The only change I made was using light corn syrup instead of dark because that is what I had in the pantry.
Oct 18, 2013
A nice change from plain pecan pie.