Pecan Pie Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan; heat pan in oven 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Meanwhile, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and vanilla until combined.
- Remove baking pan from oven; add batter. Sprinkle with pecans, brown sugar and toffee bits. Slowly pour boiling water over top (do not stir). Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes (cobbler will thicken upon cooling). Serve warm and if desired, with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 411 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 14, 2019
It was good, but not great. I give it 2 stars. Pecan pie is much better.
Dec 13, 2018
We made this for Thanksgiving, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Nov 22, 2018
WOW! Absolutely delicious. My husband said it was the most delicious dessert he's ever had. Traditional pecan pie is his favorite dessert, and he said from now on he prefers that I make this instead.
Nov 18, 2018
This might be the best dessert I’ve ever had in my life!!! The butter and brown sugar made a Carmel sauce. The pecans added I nice texture. The only difference I had was using heath bars as uppised to plain toffee. The little added chocolate was nice.
Nov 6, 2018
This cobbler hit the spot and served as the featured dessert at a Farm-to-Table dinner I helped organize recently. We needed to feature local pecans, and what a wonderful way to do it! I didn't change a thing and definitely recommend serving with ice cream!