Easy Bourbon Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 12 ounces toasted pecan halves, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a food processor, pulse half the pecans until coarsely chopped; reserve remaining pecans. Combine eggs and sugars until well mixed. Add next five ingredients and chopped pecans.
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. metal pie plate; flute edge. Pour filling into crust. Arrange reserved pecan halves over filling. Place filled pie in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Bake until crust is set, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; continue baking until pie is puffed and set in the middle, about 1 hour (tent loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning). Cool. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 600 calories, 41g fat (11g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 22, 2018
Followed recipe exactly, after 15 minutes at 425 and 30 minutes at 350 it was totally dark brown and almost burned, and my oven is set correctly. Sooo disappointed.
Sep 27, 2018
Nice to see an adventurer. I will be baking 3 of these for Thanksgiving Dinner