Pecan-Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter (must be very soft but not melted), eggs and almond extract on low just until mixed. Beat on high for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle pecans in the bottom of a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Carefully pour batter over pecans. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 20 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 385 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2014
Looks delicious! I don't have enough butter, Can I use shortening?
Mar 6, 2014
This cake was fabulous and everyone loved it! I used slightly more chocolate chips than the recipe called for, and I recommend it. I will definitely make this cake again!