Pecan Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 424 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 3, 2017
This cake turned out great!! Thisvis one our favorite pound cakes!!
Aug 16, 2016
Very good. Nice crust, good flavor. Will make this again
Nov 3, 2013
This is one of my favorite pound cake recipes. It always turns out great, and people love it! It is perfect for a dessert buffet, especially around holiday time as an alternative to pumpkin and cranberry desserts. The combination of coconut and pecans is scrumptious!
Sep 14, 2012
This was a very good pound cake.
Jun 21, 2009
Are there any substutions that would make this suitable for Disbetics
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.