- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Optional: butter pecan ice cream, confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with ice cream.
Pecan Pound Cake Tips
How should you grease a Bundt pan for pecan pound cake?
Here's how to grease a bundt pan the right way, as described by our Test Kitchen.
Can you make pecan pound cake in a loaf pan?
See our guide to baking-pan conversions. Generally speaking, a 10-inch tube pan holds 9-10 cups of batter. A 10-in. fluted tube pan or a 9-in. square baking pan are your safest substitutions when it comes to this recipe.
Can you make a frosting or glaze for pecan pound cake?
1 piece: 424 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.